“High blood pressure”
Know and Survive “High blood pressure”. Silence that should not be overlooked
May 17th of every year It was established as World Hypertension Day to create awareness among people to be alert and aware of the importance of preventing high blood pressure. This is another popular disease that kills Thai people and people around the world.
A condition of blood pressure that is higher than normal In general, people with normal blood pressure measure 120/80 mm Hg. But people with high blood pressure have a blood pressure of 140/90 mmHg or more. It is considered a condition that must be controlled early as it can lead to many complications and diseases such as ischemic heart disease. heart failure Cerebrovascular disease, kidney disease, etc.
Causes and Risk Factors
The horror of hypertension is that more than 90-95% of patients are unable to determine the exact cause of what is causing it. causing hypertension to be dubbed The "silent killer disease" medically describes high blood pressure as a disease that occurs naturally in humans, such as heredity. and older It is most common in women aged 40-50 years or older or in menopause.
Even high blood pressure is a dangerous disease. But it is a disease that can be controlled in the long term if treated promptly. Initially, it will be treated with medication to reduce blood pressure. to maintain pressure to be in the standard In addition to taking medication Patients should change their behavior. To make the treatment more effective as follows:
What to do
- Regularly check your blood pressure at least once a year.
- Eat the symptoms in all 5 groups, focusing on vegetables and unsweetened fruits.
- Control your body weight to be within the normal range.
- Regular exercise.
- Get enough rest.
- Maintain good mental health at all times.
What not to do
- Smoking because of the toxins in cigarette smoke Resulting in inflammation and constriction of various blood vessels, including coronary arteries. and blood vessels.
- Drink alcohol Because it makes the chance of having high blood pressure as high as 50 percent.
- Eat salty food or foods with too much sodium, such as shrimp paste, fish sauce, pickles.
- Eat foods that are high in fat, such as lean meats, animal skins, egg yolks, oysters, fried or fried foods.
- Eat sweet food or high in sugar, such as sweet water, sweets.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Phawit Pianwijit
Cardiology Department of Internal Medicine
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital
Follow Our Social Network