Invited to donate blood on the International Red Cross Day
Invited to donate blood> Did you know? Donating 1 bag of blood can save the lives of 3 patients.
Ratchasima Hospital invites you to donate blood on the occasion of the International Red Cross Day to help fellow human beings and forward good things to the society.
International Red Cross Day is an important day in remembrance of Henry Dunant, founder of the Red Cross Society. The Red Cross has played an important role in helping patients until now.
Today we have good information about the qualifications of blood donors, preparation before donating and taking care of yourself after donating.
Read good information>Properties of blood donors.
- Weight 45 kg or more.
- 17-70 years old.
- Donors and family members Has not been diagnosed with hepatitis in the past 1 year.
- You should refrain from donating blood during pregnancy.
- Abstain from donations after giving birth for at least 6 months.
- Not during antibiotic use.
- If receiving blood from others, leave the interval to donate blood for at least 6 months.
- If you have had an organ transplant to refrain from donating blood permanently.
Preparation before donating blood.
- Get enough rest for at least 5 hours.
- Eat enough food.
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water.
- Do not eat high fat food within 6 hours before donating.
- Not in taking medicine.
- No smoking at least 1 hour before donating.
- Abstain from alcohol for at least 24 hours.
Taking care of yourself after donating blood
- Take a break in bed About 5 minutes after donating to prevent blackouts
- Drink enough water, about 7-8 glasses.to reduce complications after blood donation
- Take 1 pill that helps to increase iron per day after meals. to compensate for the lost iron
- Refrain from lifting heavy objects or using force from the blood donor arm for 24 hours.
- Avoid going up and down stairs or high places to prevent dizziness and fainting.
- No exercise that makes you sweat for 24 hours.
- Avoid entering crowded areas.
💬 Information from the Thai Red Cross Society.
📌 Blood donation location by the 5th National Blood Service Sector, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thai Red Cross Society.
➤ Blood donation room, LG floor at Terminal 21 Korat.
➤ Blood donation room at Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University.
Follow Our Social Network