Is it true?! COVID patients are at risk of developing diabetes
Despite the mild symptoms of COVID-19 can be treated. But don't be complacent because if it's infected and gone, It may cause you to have health problems.
Because a study came out that in 100 people who are infected with coronavirus, 2 people will have symptoms of diabetes within 1 year. (Information from research published in the journal ‘The Lancet Diabetes andEndocrinology’) Ratchasima Hospital has interesting information to share about why getting infected with COVID-19 will risk of diabetes follows in the future.
Because when we are infected with COVID-19, The infection will stimulate Inflammation and the immune system and COVID-19 infection correlated with blood sugar levels. After being infected blood sugar levels are high.It is the result of quite a lot of inflammation and destroying the pancreas that produce insulin, leading to insulin resistance and cause diabetes.
Who is at risk of developing diabetes after COVID-19 infection
According to the results of the survey in people who had been sick with COVID-19, more than 8.5 million people, found that 181,000 people There is a risk of diabetes within 1 year after recovering from COVID. Based>of the research team published in the journal‘The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology’The information of people at risk of diabetes are as follows:
- Patients who even if they do not have severe symptoms from COVID
- People who were in good health before COVID-19 infection, There are risks as well. It does not depend on those who have health problems only.
- Can happen to people who have never had diabetes before and diabetic patients.
Is diabetes after COVID-19 severe
- People who have never had diabetes before when having severe symptoms with COVID-19 increase the risk of diabetes.
- People with pre-existing diabetes are more severe than non-diabetic due to more difficult control of their diabetes. which some people need to adjust their medication when they have COVID-19 because they are notCertain medications can be taken and should be closely consulted with your doctor to prevent acute complications from diabetes.
Therefore, COVID patients should check for diabetes after infection. Especially those who suffer from high blood pressure, high blood lipids, heart disease etc. And keep observing yourself, including should take care of the body to be strong and always get enough rest.
For anyone interested in the annual health check, you can inquire about various programs and packages.
Ready to answer many questions of recipients and always welcome to serve everyone.
Follow Our Social Network